Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Wichita home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Wichita“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Wichita KS right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying monthly mortgage fees to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. The months start to add up and it can get expensive very fast.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Wichita, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories in the past and have lived through some dramatic crashes ourselves. It seems like everyone gets hit hard and the only way to ride the wave is to be filthy rich.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Wichita KS house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Wichita… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent at One Link Homes or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This one is important. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it at a greatly reduced price from what they originally wanted. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house is taking money out of your pocket. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. After all that’s what we do, we buy houses in Wichita and the surrounding cities. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. If you’d like to figure out the exact amount you could be spending to keep an empty house empty, check out this mortgage calculator and enter your own information to find out. Even if it doesn’t seem like very much on a monthly basis, that price can quickly build on itself over the course of a year or two. What if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a slight discount below the retail price you’re still going to end up on top compaired to someone that holds onto the house for just a few months. By selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company (Wichita Home Link) vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees) you’ll be thanking yourself in the long run.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Wichita KS agent, we recommend One Link Homes. They’ve sold every one of our houses and hold themselves to the highest quality. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us. We Buy Houses in Wichita in any condition for any reason.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like every other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. If you end up renting it out make sure they are good quality tenants, otherwise you may end up paying more from damages done to the property.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Wichita Home Link And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Wichita?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Wichita home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Wichita community.
We’re honest and straightforward and will never shy away from giving you the best information possible, even if it means we don’t buy your house. You can visit the How It Works page on our website and find out more insightful information there.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Wichita real estate, so please feel free to call us at (316) 258-0650 and chat with us anytime.